Byzick and Company is seeking a dedicated and highly motivated individual to fill a full-time Tax Manager position in our Corvallis office. We are a team-oriented accounting firm with offices in Corvallis, OR, Hillsboro, OR, and Redding, CA. We promote personal and professional growth by providing challenging work and take pride in our professional and flexible work environment. Our goal is to provide the best possible experience for our clients and employees while ensuring high-quality work at all times.
We are looking for a leader who can manage individual and business tax clients. An ideal candidate is someone with a long-term interest in firm management and/or potential ownership. Although not required, this position would best fit someone looking to plant their roots in the greater Corvallis area and grow with our company. We offer a flexible schedule in the off-season and remote work year-round (this position does require time in the office). We are excited to add a new member to our team!
· Prepare and review complex business and individual tax returns
· Garner and maintain client relationships
· Facilitate tax compliance and consulting for individuals, partnerships, corporations, trusts, and estates
· Communicate with tax agencies
· Prepare financial statements and monthly reports
· Train and collaborate with other team members
We offer a competitive salary (experience dependent) and excellent benefits, including company-paid health and dental insurance, paid time off, and a 401k match. There is high potential for an expanding role within the firm and other offices if desired.
To apply, please e-mail a resume and cover letter to the listed e-mail in this posting by August 6, 2021.
· CPA License or Enrolled Agent
· Friendly and professional
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance or the equivalent combination of education and experience
· 5+ years experience in tax-related work
· Strong technical tax research skills
· Understanding of all aspects of the accounting cycle (A/R, A/P, inventory, reconciliations, payroll, and financial reporting)
· Experience with various software applications, particularly Lacerte and QuickBooks
· Proficient in Microsoft Office
· Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
· Superior problem-solving and analytical skills
· Ability to manage time and meet deadlines
· Willingness to work flexible hours (weekends and overtime during tax season, reduced hours, and remote work options during the off-season)
Additional Salary Information: Excellent benefits, including company-paid health and dental insurance, paid time off, and a 401k match.
About Byzick and Company Corvallis
At Byzick and Company, we have always believed that family comes first. From our close-knit and long-standing employee base to our loyal clientele that extends back four decades, Byzick and Company has mastered the fine art of providing high quality accounting services in a comfortable, relationship-driven environment. Our family-owned and operated firm has multiple locations across California and Oregon. We take a holistic approach to meeting the needs of our clients, offering a wide range of services including tax planning and preparation, financial and estate planning, payroll, management consulting and strategic planning for corporations, small businesses and individuals. Our goal is to help our clients approach their finances from a proactive stance and the best way to accomplish that is by taking the time to connect with our clients and our community in a personal way – to look toward the future with them.
We are proud of our team-oriented approach to projects and the flexible working environment we provide for our staff. Our team members are encouraged to pursue their own areas of interest within the firm, resulting in staff that specialize in estates and trusts, compil...ations and reviews, QuickBooks consulting, management advisory, CFO services and more. When we aren’t working, our staff members enjoy being involved in our local communities. Together we make up a diverse group including working parents, Big Four alumni, high school sports coaches, competitive cyclists, marathon runners, child care advocates, animal shelter volunteers, chamber of commerce members, theater enthusiasts, orchestra musicians, foodies, amateur photographers and nature buffs. We are as varied and unique as the individuals and businesses we serve, giving us a solid foundation to connect with our clients.